Pensione Roma was founded in 1918 near the port of Castiglione della Pescaia. Forced to close because of the war reopened in 1946 when it was not only hotel demand that grew, but also the family of founders Elio and Iolanda and the whole structure that bought the nearby apartments and built the third floor and terrace. In 1955 Elio and Iolanda decided to give the guesthouse a characteristic blue colour and a clearly visible sign "Hotel Roma". 1976 is the year that brings the structure to today's shape, colour and dimensions but it will not be the final ones... In 2018, on the occasion of the Centenary of the Hotel Roma, the founders decided to modernize the hall and rooms of the structure, creating a style capable of telling the story of a family linked to traditions but, at the same time, committed to innovate their hotel to provide an impeccable service to their customers.